STG’s Austin office is located in the heart of the downtown we helped shape, next to some of the city’s best shopping, entertainment and dining spots (including the Whole Foods flagship store)!
Are you a BIM evangelist? Are you passionate about creating efficiencies through technology? Do you like to help others grow their BIM technology skillsets? If so, STG Design is the right place for you!
STG Design is looking for a BIM Manager to join our Austin office.
You excel at:
- Process creation and documentation
- Implementing firm-wide Revit standards
- Providing desktop support for Revit users in need
- Documenting atypical solutions and processes for project-specific requirements
- Diagnosing and solving Revit family and project model issues
- Developing and implementing training to increase staff knowledge and skill
- Assisting and mentoring staff members that may be new to Revit
- At least 10 years of Revit experience
- Expert Revit skills; deep understanding of the platform, not just execution
- At least five years supporting Revit Architecture users
- Strong communication and documentation skills
- Positive attitude, passion, and patience
- Diligent about consistent workflow and the use of standards
- Working knowledge of design industry production cycle and priorities
- Acute attention to detail
The BIM Manager will engage with design staff and management to promote BIM process integration, innovation, and planning. This will involve responsibility for four main areas: best practice, assessment and education, project support, and technical support.
- Develop, document, implement, and enforce BIM standards and processes
- Advise management on technical / software issues
- Establish metrics for ROI on technology initiatives
- Conduct research on industry best practice, standards, and software – including hands-on evaluation of products, plug-ins, utilities, and web resources
- Identify trends, upcoming uses, and potential business opportunities relating to BIM
- Evaluate related software for integration into design process
- Liaise with VR Specialist to streamline visualization workflow
- Broadcast issues and solutions firm-wide to reinforce best practice
Assessment and education
- Assess potential candidates’ Revit abilities and provide feedback to hiring team
- Assess new hires’ Revit abilities and provide direction for self-improvement if required
- Conduct new hire orientation for Revit processes specific to STG
- Identify and mentor Revit/BIM leaders among the staff
- Provide ongoing education and training to staff using internal and external resources
- Update staff on new features and products
- Work with project teams to develop BIM execution plans
- Facilitate BIM project kickoff meetings with consultants and internal team
- Conduct model reviews at project milestones and provide feedback to teams
- Resolve project-specific issues with workflow, setup, and coordination
- Provide direct modeling and content creation assistance to project teams
- Ongoing development/maintenance of Revit templates for architecture and interiors projects
- Maintain Revit content library and create new content as necessary
- Planning, testing, deployment, and support of Revit version upgrades and 3rd party add-ins
- Coordinate with IT department to monitor licensing, versions, etc.
- Monitor and maintain ticketing system for timely resolution of technical issues
- Automate routines in Revit to support standards and productivity
We can’t wait to talk to you! Please submit your resume to STGResumes@stgdesign.com and include "BIM Manager" in the subject line.
Interior Designer - Multi-Family
Do you enjoy the opportunity to meet your clients and directly understand their project goals? Do you like having a voice in the design process and real influence over the end result? Want to join a prominent Architecture and Interiors firm in the fastest growing city in the US? If so, STG Design is the right place for you!
STG Design’s Austin office is looking for an Interior Designer to work on multi-family projects and manage our resource library.
You excel at:
- Producing contract documents using Revit 2015 or newer
- Creating specifications using Microsoft Word or eSpecs
- Researching interior products
- Developing conceptual ideas and space plans
- Generating compelling visual and descriptive materials for client presentations
- Construction administration
- Multi-tasking and understanding priorities
- Organizing vendors and products including internal presentations
- Interior Design or Architectural degree
- 3+ years of commercial interior design experience in multi-family
- Strong Revit skills and ability to model complex 3D geometry (we are committed to delivering all projects in Revit!)
- Ability to work efficiently with a highly collaborative team environment
- Excellent communication skills and attention to detail
- Strong production skills
- LEED® accreditation is a plus
- Furniture experience is a plus
We can’t wait to talk to you! Please submit your resume to STGResumes@stgdesign.com and include “Austin Interior Designer” in the subject line.