Internship Academy Experience
The objective of the internship experience is to provide students with the opportunity to apply and use the skills, knowledge, and information learned in their academic coursework within the professional workplace. Internships have a range of durations: semester, summer, and resident student interns. At STG Design, we aim to fully engage the intern in all aspects of the workplace, giving a wide variety of experiences and a glimpse into the professional world of commercial architecture and interior design.
Intern development experiences include:
- Library updates/meeting with vendors
- Finish selection, ordering for project and/or furniture
- Space planning/test fit exercises
- Charrettes with projects teams
- Attending lunch and learn meetings/CEUs
- Project design and documentation (floor plans, RCPs, elevations, sections, etc.)
- 3D renderings
- On-site visits for field verification and observance of project construction
- Attend client/consultant meetings for observation purposes
- Exposure to Principals (meetings, lunch, projects)
- NCARB Intern Development Program (IDP) support for architectural students (where applicable).
Intern Applicant Requirements
- Interior Design Students: Junior and Senior level (within degree program)
- Architecture Students: 4th or 5th year
- Building Information Modeling (BIM)/Revit knowledge/experience
- 3D computer rendering skills
- Letter of recommendation
- Digital portfolio of recent work
- Design program internship requirements
The application period for summer internships in our Austin, Houston and Nashville offices is now open. We will be accepting resumes through April 18th. Please submit cover letter, resume and portfolio to email@example.com and include “Architecture Internship” or “Interiors Internship” with the respective office of application in the subject line.